CoeDee Shaner Burba is another friend and talented writer I've had the pleasure of getting to know better.
Her book can be found on authonomy.com
1. What is the working title of your book?
The Life You Leave Behind
2. Where did the idea for the book come from?
A dream, where all good ideas come from!
3. What genre does it fall under?
Women's Fiction, Chic Lit, and perhaps Literary Fiction--after all there are some deep insights into the human condition in this :)
4. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Faye- a cross between a young Renee Zellweger and Michelle Williams (more Dawson's Creek than Marilyn and Me)
Jimmy- Dylan Walsh
Helen- Michelle Phieffer
Jack- Ben McKenzie
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Everyone has a sob story. Does yours define you?
6. Will your book be self-published or be represented by an agency?
I'd love an agent, but who wouldn't? I have a publisher looking at it now. Fingers and toes crossed!
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I am embarrassed to say this...three years. I was busy having and raising babies. And I'm a perfectionist (except when it comes to cleaning).
8. What other books would you compare this to in your genre?
Terms of Endearment by Larry McMurtry, Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding.
9. Who or what inspired you to write your book?
I've always wanted to be a writer and have always been writing. I took life experiences and toned them down so they'd be more believable (seriously folks). Everyone I've loved has found their way into The Life You Leave Behind, along with some who were such pains-in-the-asses their snarkiness had to immortalized. Never make an author mad, they'll get you back one way or another.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
If you're ever feeling down on yourself, just read Faye's screw-ups and your day will instantly brighten.
Please click on the book cover to read chapters.